Ready for some fun in the sun in South Beach? While we might use Miami Beach and South Beach interchangeably, the renowned South Beach neighborhood is a distinct enclave that is the epicenter of the Art Deco District, full of neon lights, over-the-top restaurants, and a slew of places to explore art and culture.
If you’re looking for fun things to do in South Beach, you might be surprised to find more than just touristy activities to keep you busy. And the best part? It’s all just steps from the The Shepley Hotel.
- Head to The Beach Miami Beach is famous for miles of beautiful white sand, blue skies and crystal clear waters. Just a few blocks from the hotel, lather up that sunscreen and head out for a beach day or take a romantic walk at sunset. Whatever you choose, it will be a sight to remember.
- See Some Art Did you know that South Beach has great art museums? A few blocks west, check out the Art Deco Wolfsonian Museum for the latest exhibits on art and design or head to the Bass Museum for outdoor sculptures from world-renowned artists and immersive exhibits from emerging global talents.
- Shop ‘Til You Drop Miami Beach boasts some of the area’s best shopping, starting with Lincoln Road. The outdoor promenade has a mix of luxury and contemporary stores that will appeal to all tastes; from Apple to Nike, Gap to Zara. When you’re done shopping, stop at one of the restaurants for lunch or head to local scoop shop The Frieze for a sweet afternoon treat. We recommend the rose sorbet.
- Eat Well Miami Beach has a rich and diverse culinary scene, from local sandwich shops to gastronomic centers from celebrated chefs. Around The Shepley Hotel, you’ll find an array of restaurants to suit every taste and palate, including favorite cuban specialties such as vaca frita (fried steak) at Puerto Sagua, mouthwatering pastas from Macchialina, and organic blue masa tortillas from Taquiza.
- Get Cultured Miami Beach is full of cultural attractions and numerous venues for live music and entertainment. For the latest pop acts, head to The Fillmore Miami Beach, for culturally-rich plays head to the historic Colony Theater, and for symphonic sounds, grab a blanket to see the wallcast at the Frank Gehry-designed New World Center to see the New World Symphony.
Say the words “Miami Beach” and images of sparkling white sands, crystal blue waters, neon lights, and fast cars usually come to mind. Endless sunshine, high temperatures and an occasional afternoon shower are also a reality.
To pack for Miami and explore a variety of experiences, pack a wardrobe of basics that can be mixed,
matched, and dressed up to go from day to night. While comfort is key, here is our list of five items to pack that will have you looking the part the moment you step foot on the sand.
Book Your Stay
Planning a beach vacation? The Shepley Hotel is an an boutique 29-room hotel situated in the heart of the Miami Beach Art Deco district, just a block to the beach and all that that Miami has to offer. Book your getaway with us and save on rates! There is no better place than The Shepley Hotel.